TERMS OF SERVICE
The website www.validcar.gr is managed by the company under the name “VALID CAR RENTAL G.P. - CAR RENTAL” (hereinafter: “VALID CAR RENTAL”), as legally represented, based in Ano Evosmos of Thessaloniki - Greece, Palaia Simachiki str Oraiokastrou 0, P.C. 56224, and has a branch at the 9th km Thessaloniki - Moudania, V.A.T. ID: 801152150, tel. +30 2310 630000, email: [email protected] (link).
The Terms of Service governing the use of this website (www.validcar.gr) (link), the reservation through it and the conclusion of a short-term or a long-term car rental (hereinafter: “Terms”), are set out in this document, as well as any other documents referred to therein.
If you have any questions about the Terms, you can contact us by email at [email protected] (link) or by phone +30 2310 630000.
- Information and services.
We are committed to the completeness and validity of the information provided on our website www.validcar.gr (link), regarding the existence of the essential features that are described on a case-by-case basis for each of our services, subject to any typographical errors, which have been avoided or inadvertently or due to any interruptions to the site due to force majeure.
- Your obligations.
- You should always use our website and our services in accordance with these Terms.
- By accepting these Terms, you declare that you have reached the age of 18 and that you have the legal capacity to enter into binding contracts.
- You undertake to use the website and our services solely for the purpose of submitting legitimate inquiries and / or reservations, not making false or fraudulent reservations (otherwise we have the right to cancel them and inform the competent authorities) and to declare accurately and precisely any personal information required for your reservation or car rental, your email address, your postal address and / or other contact information that you agree that may be used by us to contact you if necessary.
- You accept that you will not use our website to send, post, upload or otherwise transmit any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, insulting, annoying, slandering, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, that violates a third party’s private life or privacy, is indicative of hate or racial, national or other discriminations, or that may cause harm to minors in any way, is not allowed to be transmitted in accordance with the law or contractual or management relations (e.g. confidential information, proprietary and confidential information obtained or disclosed as part of an employment relation or covered by confidentiality agreements), violates any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of third parties, contains software viruses, worms or any other codes, files or programs designed to harm, cause damage, destroy or interfere with the operation of any software or computer hardware, violates intentionally or unintentionally the applicable greek, community and international laws and regulations and may interfere with third parties in any way and any content used to collect or store personal data of other users. In the event of non-compliance by you with the above rules, we reserve the right to block your access to the website.
- You accept that you will not attempt unauthorized access thereto and its server, or to any other server, computer, and database associated with our website, and are committed not to attack it through denial of service attack or distributed denial of service attack. Breach of this obligation may constitute a criminal offense in accordance with applicable law. Any such infringement will be reported to the relevant law enforcement authorities. Similarly, in the event of such a breach, the right of you to use the platform will be immediately annulled.
- It is expressly forbidden, either by you or by any third party, to use any bot, spider or application for site search or retrieval or any other device for copying, retrieving, archiving or indexing any part of the platform requiring authentication.
- Every action that could influence the normal functioning of the website, as well as the ability of other users to use the website and its services, is prohibited.
- Signing up on the website.
- You may book a car either by signing up on our website or without signing up.
- To sign up for our website you submit your first name, your last name, your email, your telephone number, your address and your password.
- User identification.
- When signing up on our website, the codes used for your identification are two: (a) your username or email address and (b) your personal security password (password).
- Your personal information is accessible to you through the above codes, and you are solely responsible for maintaining their privacy and concealment from third parties. Should they be lost or leaked, you should notify VALID CAR RENTAL immediately, otherwise we are not responsible for the use of the password by unauthorized persons.
- For security reasons, we advise you to change your password at regular intervals and to avoid using the same and easily traceable passwords (e.g. date of birth). We also recommend that for code generation you use not only letters and numbers but also symbols.
- Reservation through the website.
To make a car reservation through our website follow these steps: (1) select a pickup point, date and time, (2) select a point, date and time of delivery, (3) select a vehicle type and any add-on options you wish, (4) fill in your fist name, your last name, your email, your telephone number, your VAT ID, your country, your address, your city and the postal code and (5) choose a payment method and make the payment.
- Conclusion of the contract.
- The short-term or long-term car rental contract is only drawn up when the relevant rental agreement is signed between us and not when making the reservation of the vehicle.
- For more details on the Car Rental Terms and Conditions click here (link).
- Availability of services and vehicles.
Depending on the availability of vehicles, VALID CAR RENTAL reserves the right to provide a different type of vehicle than that of your reservation, in any case, of a corresponding or higher category.
- Rejection of reservation.
- We reserve the right to remove any service from this website at any time and / or remove or edit any material or content on this website without liability to you or to any third party.
- Although we make every effort to process all reservations made to us, exceptional circumstances may occur in which we may have to decline a reservation, which we may do at any time at our sole discretion, without bearing any liability to you or to any third party. In this case you can request a refund of any price paid.
- Changes to reservation.
- Depending on the availability and if you have informed us at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the vehicle pick-up date and time, you may change your reservation.
- If you change your reservation and there are higher charges, you owe the difference.
- If the cost of the modified reservation is lower than this of the original reservation, no refund will be made.
- Cancelation of reservation.
- If you cancel your reservation within two (2) days prior to the vehicle pick-up date, there will be a cancellation fee of fifty (50) euros as a refund to VALID CAR RENTAL. The remaining amount you may have paid will be refunded the same way you made the payment.
- If you cancel your reservation on the pick-up date of the vehicle, there will be no refund and the entire amount you paid will be held as reimbursement by VALID CAR RENTAL.
- The price of each vehicle and service is the one set at any time on our website, except in the case of an obvious error.
- We reserve the right to unilaterally modify our service prices without any prior notice. It is clarified that changing service prices does not include reservations that you have already made. We are not responsible to you or to any third party for any change in pricing.
- The prices on our website are in EURO and include VAT (as it is applicable in Greece), unless otherwise stated.
- Any currency conversion costs and other payment related charges are solely borne by you and added to the service price.
- Payment methods.
(a) Deposit/transfer to bank account.
VALID CAR RENTAL maintains accounts in the National Bank of Greece and Eurobank.
(b) Cash on delivery.
(c) Payment by credit or debit card:
(d) PayPal payment:
By selecting PayPal as a payment method, you are automatically transferred to the PayPal website for the transaction, where you have the option to either sign in using your existing PayPal account or fill in your credit or debit card details without a PayPal account. When using PayPal for your payment, your credit card information is not provided to VALID CAR RENTAL. PayPal transactions are governed by the PayPal Terms & Conditions (link).
- Our rights.
We reserve the right to refuse our services to anyone for any reason at any time.
- Intellectual property rights.
- All the content of our website, including, but not limited to, pictures, photographs, drawings, graphics, texts, διαθέσιμων υπηρεσιών και προϊόντων etc. are the intellectual property of the VALID CAR RENTAL and are protected by the relevant provisions of Greek and European law, as well as international contracts. Names, pictures, logos and distinguishing marks representing the VALID CAR RENTAL and / or third parties are trademarks and distinguishing marks of the VALID CAR RENTAL and/or third parties and are protected by Greek, European and international laws on trademarks, industrial and intellectual property and unfair competition.
- You agree not to: a) change, translate, create or attempt to make derivative works or copies of the software or website, either in whole or in part; b) decompile, disassemble, convert the object code to source code, c) distribute, assign, share, lease, lend, sell, resell, rent, sublet or otherwise transfer the software or website for your benefit.
- You are not allowed to reproduce, redistribute, duplicate, copy, remodel, change, disclose, distribute, republish, download, show, take screenshots, upload or transmit the material available on our website in any case and in any way; nor the sale, resale or assignment of the use of the website and the services, without the express written permission by us. This does not prevent users from using this website to the extent necessary to make a copy of a reservation.
- You acknowledge and agree that third-party information presented to you through the website is protected by copyright, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Your use of third party software or content obtained through VALID CAR RENTAL does not transfer rights, titles or interests to you. In addition, you agree that you will not use any third-party software or content available to you via our website unless expressly allowed under the terms of service or third-party license. If you do not agree to the terms of service or the third-party license agreement, do not download or use the third-party software or content.
- In the event of infringement of the Intellectual Property Terms, you must immediately delete any material obtained illegally.
- Social media platforms.
We also maintain presences on social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+. Any services we offer through social media platforms, as well as any information that is shared, submitted or offered through our social media accounts, shall be subject to these Terms, unless otherwise agreed, expressly and in writing.
- Links to other websites.
Our website may contain links to other websites and sources provided by third parties, for information purposes only. The content of such websites or sources is in no way under our control and therefore, we are not responsible for any loss or damage that may be caused by the use of such links.
- Written communication.
Under the current legislation, some of the information or updates we send you must be in writing. When you use our website, you agree that communication with us will be mainly online. We will communicate with you by email or provide you with information by posting announcements on our website. You agree to this online form of communication and acknowledge that all notifications, information and other communications we provide to you online are consistent with any legal requirement under which such communication must be made in writing. This term does not affect your legal rights.
- We may send you at regular intervals newsletters. Such messages are sent only if you subscribe to them and for as long as you wish.
- We are not responsible for the successful delivery of newsletters, although every effort is made with the Internet Service Providers.
- Newsletters may end up in the spam folder, so please check regularly that they are not stored there.
- If you no longer wish to receive newsletters, you can unsubscribe from the list by clicking the link in the newsletter.
- Limitation of obligations and liability.
- We bear no responsibility to you or to any third party for any modification to the services and / or prices.
- In the event that you are not the legal holder of the credit / debit / prepaid card or any other card you use to make a reservation from our website, we bear no responsibility to the legal holder of the credit / debit / prepaid card or any other type of card used for any transaction with our website. If your unlawful conduct is disclosed, the services provided by us will be terminated immediately and without notice, preserving our legal rights in this case.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for all charges that may be incurred for accessing and using the website.
- We do not warrant that our Services will be uninterrupted, secure, timely, or error-free. The content of this website may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors for which we bear no responsibility.
- We do not warrant that the quality of our services will meet your expectations, or that any errors will be corrected or that our services will be free from viruses or other harmful components.
- We are not liable to users, affiliates and / or any third party drawing rights from them for any loss or damage (direct, indirect, consequential, financial or other) resulting from: (a) any technical problems that may occur to users when attempting to access our website and during it and are related to the operation or compatibility of their own infrastructure with the use of the website; (b) any technical problems or malfunctions of Internet Service Providers; (c) denial of service attack, viruses or other malware or technologically harmful material that may harm the user's computer, its components, data or any other material due to the use of this website or downloading material contained therein, or analogous to other website material referred to in this website and in general for acts or omissions by third parties and in particular unauthorized third-party interference with products and / or services and / or information available through this website; (d) events of force majeure, and (e) Violation of current legislation (e.g. tax, personal data protection, intellectual property, etc.) related to the use of our website.
- Force majeure.
- VALID CAR RENTAL shall not be held responsible or liable for any inability or delay in the fulfillment of any of its obligations under a contract that has been caused by events of force majeure.
- Force majeure shall mean any act, fact, failure to act, omission or accident that is not within our reasonable control and includes indicatively the following: (a) Strikes, shutdowns or other trade union actions; (b) Social upheaval, rebellion, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war; (c) Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, sedimentation, epidemic or other natural disaster; (d) Inability to use railways, ships, airplanes, motor vehicles or other public or private means of transport; (e) Inability to use public or private telecommunications networks; (f) Acts, decrees, laws, regulations or government restrictions; (g) Any strike, damage or accident to the ferry and postal services or other means of transport.
- The fulfillment of our obligations under any contract is deemed to be suspended for the period of force majeure and the time to fulfill our obligations will be extended for a period equal to the length of the period of force majeure. We will make every reasonable effort to end the force majeure event or find a solution that will enable us to fulfill our obligations under the contract despite the force majeure event.
- Transfer of rights and obligations.
The car rental agreement between you and us is binding on both of us and our respective franchisees and assigns. You may not transfer, assign or dispose in any way of a contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising therefrom, without our prior written consent. We reserve the right to transfer, assign, subcontract or otherwise dispose of a contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising therefrom, at any time during the term of the contract. For the avoidance of doubt, any such transfer, assignment or other disposition does not affect your legal rights nor does it invalidate, diminish or otherwise limit any express or implied warranty we may have provided to you.
You agree to take responsibility in the event it is brought against VALID CAR RENTAL any claim by any third party, and to indemnify it for any costs or losses, including reasonable legal fees (including, indicatively, attorneys' fees) arising out of: (a) the use of our website; (b) the exchange of any content resulting from your use of the website to any third party; (c) the use of any content downloaded from our website on your computer and / or servers by you and any other person to whom the information is provided; (d) your breach of these Terms; (e) information you have sent, submitted, received electronically, viewed, printed, uploaded or transmitted through the website or (f) the violation of the rights of any third party or entity. You are responsible for your actions when you use our website, including, inter alia, the costs incurred in accessing the Internet. In any case, VALID CAR RENTAL shall have the right to choose its own legal counsel.
- Additional terms.
- Our failure to enforce any provision of these Terms is not a waiver of our right to do so later.
- If any provision of these Terms is found unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain in full effect and an enforceable term will be substituted reflecting our intent as closely as possible.
- These Terms were originally written in Greek. We may translate these Terms into other languages. In the event of a conflict between a translated version and the Greek version, the Greek version will control.
- Modifications to the Terms.
- These Terms, together with any other expressly referenced document, constitute the complete agreement between VALID CAR RENTAL and the users in relation to the subject of every agreement or contract, replacing any prior written or oral agreement, conciliation or settlement between us.
- We reserve the right to unilaterally modify, renew or cancel any term contained in these Terms, at any time and without sending prior notice to users.
- Users shall be informed of any modifications and changes, via our website or as otherwise required by law. It is clarified that the change of Terms does not cover reservations you have already made.
- Modifications and changes will never apply retroactively but from the date they were posted on our website. By continuing to use our website after any modifications come into effect, you agree to be bound by the modified Terms. If you disagree with our changes, then you should stop using the website.
- Applicable law and jurisdiction.
- The use of our website, the reservation through it and the conclusion of a short-term or a long-term car rental are solely governed by Greek law.
- Any dispute arising out of or relating to the use of the website or the contracts is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Greek courts and, in particular, those of Thessaloniki.
Last updated date: 09-03-2020, 22:44